Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ameya weds Rowena


In February of 2012 I got to shoot a wedding which was simple yet beautiful. Minimalistic yet filled with colour of celebration.
A wedding were bride was christian and groom was hindu.Two religions tied together by the knot of love. I was impressed by the bride when she handed me a printed sheet with a pre-planned list of the whole wedding day with time and venue along with all customs and traditions, because she knew that it was my first Christian wedding shoot.
The ceremony started at a church where the best man greeted the bride with flowers. Bride and her brother walked in the church were she was welcomed by the groom and his family. Vows were exchanged and both took an oath, "I take you to be my wedded partner”.
The Lord’s prayer was sung ending with, "What God has joined let no man put asunder". 
And with a kiss the couple sealed their destinies.


















2 comments: